Ciao & Welcome!
Leigh
Follow Me on Pinterest

October 9, 2011

OATMEAL CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIE BARS


Yesterday I made oatmeal chocolate chip cookie bars (aka blondies) to take to my sis-in-law's house for dessert because she was so sweet to ask us over for lunch.  I made bars because I was too lazy to make batches of cookies.  Since we are living in Florence, Italy right now, I do not have a big oven, so these even baked up great in the toaster oven! 

Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars

1 stick of softened or melted butter (113 grams)
1/2 cup packed brown sugar
1/4 cup sugar
2 egg whites
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 cup AP flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon cinnamon (i used 2 teaspoons because we love cinnamon)
2 cups uncooked oats 
1/2 to 3/4 cup of chocolate chips (i used 1/2 cup, use 3/4 cup if you like more chocolate)

Heat oven to 350F (150C).

Mix butter and sugars until sugars disolved. 

Add egg whites and vanilla, mix well.

Add flour, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon, mix well.

Add oats and chocolate chips, mix well.

Spread into 8 x 4 loaf pan or 6 inch round pan (for thicker bars) or 8 x 8 square pan (for thinner bars).
See HERE for other pan options.

Bake for about 30 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.  I had to bake longer in my little toaster oven.  Also, if you want gooey bars, bake for less time. YUM!

No comments:

Post a Comment