Ciao & Welcome!
Leigh
Follow Me on Pinterest

October 5, 2011

HOW I LEARNED THE ITALIAN LANGUAGE


I have a bunch of people asking me all the time:  "How did you learn Italian?"
Well, here is the process that I used...
- I bought this book from Amazon and studied it every night, one new chapter per night.  I would always try to review the previous chapters as well.
- After studying the book for a while, I started chatting over Skype and email with Italians who also spoke English so that they could correct my mistakes.  At first, I only typed in Italian.  Later, I started trying to speak in Italian to them.  I always asked them to correct me...
- The key to it all was that I did not mind making a fool of myself by making constant mistakes.  This is very important to realize when learning a new language.  It is impossible to be perfect with the grammar.  Many Italians tell me that even THEY do not get the grammar correct in their own language because it can be difficult.  I have been speaking Italian for over 5 years now and I STILL do not get the grammar correct all the time.


PATIENCE IS A VIRTUE - HAPPY LEARNING!


No comments:

Post a Comment