Ciao & Welcome!
Leigh
Follow Me on Pinterest

December 15, 2012

HOMEMADE CURTAIN ROD & CURTAINS

I ran across an awesome idea for making a homemade curtain rod, thanks again to PINTEREST.
It gets really expensive to buy a curtain rod for a 9 ft by 9 ft window, so this was great!


Then it became so quick and easy, that I made more to cover the glass doors on the sides.



And then I made more to cover the big windows in the kitchen. 


I followed these instructions, but I bought the end knobs/caps from Hobby Lobby (about $2 a piece).
Also, instead of cutting the pipe with a tube cutter, one time I used a hack saw and other times my hubby used the metal grinder from his craftsman tool.  We also filed the end of the pipe, as it is very sharp when you cut it.  I bought the brackets and the curtain rings from Lowe's.  You can also find the curtain rings at Walmart or Target.  I bought the curtain material from Hobby Lobby, hemmed the curtains, and hung them on the curtain rings.  Fun and easy!  






No comments:

Post a Comment