Ciao & Welcome!
Leigh
Follow Me on Pinterest

January 1, 2012

BABY ROMPER FROM T-SHIRT

I have been on a sewing frenzy lately because I have enjoyed more time to sew due to the holidays and family taking turns playing with my 14 month old daughter.
  So, I decided to use this old bunny shirt of hers and attach some pants made from the hubs' t-shirt to make this romper for our new princess arriving in February 2012.  
Here are the pictures - GO MAKE IT!
FRONT

BACK
I traced the size of a pair of pants 0-3 months to get the correct size for the bottom of the romper.  
I followed some instructions from the butt ruffled onesie tutorial for making the ruffles and attached those.
Then, I just sewed it all together, inserted the snaps, and sewed a little bow at the waistline for extra "fashion."
  If you notice the grey cuffs on the shirt, I added those from this tutorial on converting a t-shirt to a onesie dress.  You can turn the cuffs over baby's hands to keep them warm and prevent them from scratching their face.


No comments:

Post a Comment